Sheet swapping or sheet selection is a technique used to switch out views in a dashboard.
The basics approach for building a sheet selector is:
- Place multiple sheets in a single layout container
- Hide the titles of the views
- Use filters to show / hide the views
There is a good KB article here: Creating a Sheet Selector for a Dashboard
This workbook extends that example to demonstrate:
- Swapping with Parameters
- Swapping with Quick Filters
- Swapping with Action Filters
- Swapping based on How Many Items are selected
- Showing a “No Data!” Message when a view is empty
By the way, if you like this post, check out other Tableau Tips and Tricks
Update: Thanks Jonathan Drummey for pointing out the simpler approach of using a copy of the dimension instead of a table calc!
Use the Tabs to navigate through the examples.